Statement of Aims
Statement of Aims Our Aims:
- Provide a friendly and secure learning environment for the children.
- Work closely with children, parents and carers and respond to the needs of individual children and their families.
- Provide a varied, interesting curriculum following the curriculum for excellence and other relevant documents.
- Provide a breadth of experience, and build knowledge of the local community and our environment.
- Provide continuity for children and parents where needed to access local partnerships and agencies.
- Build partnerships and relationships with other members of the local community.
- Welcome all people and give equal opportunity to all children free from prejudice and discrimination.
The underpinning ethos of the playgroup is to follow the codes of conduct laid out by the Scottish Social services Council, the National care Standards and Early Years Scotland. We recognise the importance of adopting a child centred approach whereby the needs, interests and concerns of the child inform the planning and provision of an appropriate curriculum.
Kippen Playgroup is a preschool community group, which is run by a committee of elected parents. Our priority group are children aged 2 to 5 years. We are registered with the Care Inspectorate to provide 24 places and it meets 2 mornings a week on Tuesdays and Fridays.